Stacy Lundin-Anastassiou died of Breast Cancer February 3, 2012 xoxo "Stacy Angel" xoxo

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Curled-Up & Ready To Create A Chrysalis

This Monarch Caterpillar attached itself to the clothes- drying rack on my screen porch. This is the first time I've found a caterpillar curled up like this & ready to pupate (transform into a chrysalis). You can see the small patch of white silk it made to attach itself to the wood. The next morning, I found the new chrysalis & another caterpillar hanging in the shape of a J. Now there are 2 chrysalis and they'll be ready to emerge in about 7-14 days. Amazing!!!

2 comments:

  1. Helene,
    Great shot, and wonderful detail. I've not watched these very closely myself, but I have a friend who always has tons of them in his butterfly garden and he gets lots of shots like these.

    Thanks for your kind comment on my grizzly bear shots. And feel free to ask questions to your hearts content. If I know the answer, I'll share it with you. You can email me using the link on my main webpage at www.timrucci.com.

    Have a great weekend!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photos! Thanks for following my blog. I'm glad you did so I could see your work. I am looking forward to seeing what you post next.

    ReplyDelete